I recently re-read, for I think the 4th time, Timothy Ferriss’s phenomenal book “The 4-Hour Workweek” which is packed cover to cover with concepts and ideas that are imperitive for ensuring you are living the life you choose. If you’ve been entertaining ideas of a different life than the one you lead today what’s stopping you from taking it to action? Probably fear. Fear of what?
Fear of taking the leap and the net not appearing.
Chapter 3’s Q & A portion helps de-mystify the impending “fears” that hold us back from stepping out of our comfort zone. The following are examples of those tough, mind-bending, but, all together necessary questions each of us needs to entertain if we are to break down terror barriers and make the big changes we want or need to make in our lives.
1. Define your nightmare, the absolute worst that could happen if you did what you are considering?
2. What steps could you take to repair the damage or get things back on the upswing, even if temporarily?
3. What are the outcomes or benefits, both temporary and permanent, of more probable scenarios?
4. If you were fired from your job today, what would you do to get things under financial control?
5. What are you putting off out of fear?
6. What is it costing you – financially, emotionally, and physically to postpone action?
7. What are you waiting for?